Monday, October 6, 2008

Even More Projects and Excitement! :)

Last week, was pretty boring for the first part of it, I think the most exciting thing was that my roommate, me, and Monique stayed up til 1 making picture frames and magnets on Tuesday! haha.. Then the fun began... Thursday afternoon myself plus about 12 other PLC members got the chance to go an Oklahoma Leadership Retreat in Tulsa. It was a ton of fun, we were able to listen to quite a few guest speakers and got a chance to meet other leaders from colleges around Oklahoma. The mixer that night was a little lame, everytime the RSU students would start dancing, no one else would join, they just looked at us! haha.. so we went on a downtown adventure. Then, we went for a late night snack to IHOP... oh goodness, the times at IHOP! The following day we went to three workshops, which for the most part were pretty interesting and gave us all some great ideas that we want to implement here on campus! The retreat was very beneficial and we all, I think, had a great time! And yay i finally got some pictures from the retreat up!!!
























I had to work this weekend at Linens N Things again, but this weekend was my last until the holiday season and hopefully it wont be too bad then either. I'm applying for a position here on campus in the Campus Learning Department, or something, I will be finding out more about it soon, so hopefully I will get that chance. It would be nice to walk to work and not waste the gas! So I attempted the fair again on Sunday and got a ride pass, but only rode like 3 rides. I guess the day ride pass made Sunday a popular day because all the lines for the rides were outrageously long! Also, the prices for food were absolutely astounding! I couldn't believe it.. a shishkabob with about 6 small pieces of meat on it was $7!! Thats crazy! But it was still a lot of fun!

As far as school goes, I have a little bit of down time as far as tests go! I ended up making good grades on all my tests on the last go around of test taking. I hope I will be able to do that same thing again! Also, I have a big speech tomorrow over energy drinks, so hopefully that goes well! Wish me luck...

3 comments:

  1. :( oh how i miss late nights at ihop! i hope you had fun at the retreat and psh those other non dancers are just jealous of how cool we rsu kids are

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really slacking this year on the pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if you had taken any classes online on Cinena and if so which was the better teacher.
    Foley or McKenny
    Thanks Susan Reynolds
    RSU student

    ReplyDelete