Monday, September 29, 2008

The new start for PLC!

Last week, PLC found out some unfortunate news which was that there were a few people who did not think we should be considered an organization within SGA. This was rather shocking to all of the members and we have now began to kick it into high gear. Each of us are coming up with great new ways to have a high student involvement and plan some great events for all the students to enjoy. Some of the ideas are a little wacky, but I hope that we are able to make them happen so that we lead other students by the activities we put on.

I began working in Tulsa last week and that is sadly not going to last long. There is too much of a drive for what they are offering me. My friend is trying to help me get a job on campus, so I hope everything with that works out! I wish money could just appear cause its too much to worry about with school and friends! haha...

Campus wide capture the flag was last week and I wanted to go really bad, but my roommates all left town and I thought the boys backed out until I drove by and saw them playing! What a disappointment! haha... they will just have to remember that revenge can be rather brutle! just kidding..

I went to the Tulsa State fair this weekend. The funnel cakes were amazing, but I didn't ride any rides. I think we are going back this weekend and we will ride some then. We went to the barn and saw all the cows, coming from someone who didn't grow up around farm animals those cows were gigantic!! We also went around to all the booths and saw what everyone was selling. I haven't been to the fair in about 11 years, so it was a lot of fun for me, but I bet next weekend will be better!

This weekend is the Leadership Convention, which I am going to with a couple of the other PLC officers. I am pretty excited about it we are all staying the night in Tulsa and its going to be a blast. Next post I'm sure I will have lots of stories and pictures to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment